My human and I did a video of the toilet paper challenge! In case you don’t know what that is, it got really popular when the pandemic lockdowns started. People who had hoarded toilet paper created huge stacks of the rolls and had their pets jump over them.
My human was not one of the hoarders. She didn’t think it was that big of a deal since she had 8 rolls at home already. As you might have already guessed, she was wrong. Like really wrong, and she spent several weeks scrounging stores for a roll here, a roll there. Finally about three weeks ago, she found toilet paper was coming back in stock. So she bought a couple of giant sized packs because she really, really wanted to do the toilet paper challenge with me. She also has enough toilet paper now to last her until the end of 2021.
Shooting the challenge was our biggest video project yet! It was a lot more work than the kitchen videos, which are kind of difficult because my human has to set up lights there, plus clear off the counter so there’s no clutter.
It was a lot of work for me too! I got lots of extra exercise.
There were also some unexpected pickup shots.
Here are some fun facts about my toilet paper challenge video:
- It took four days to shoot. Partly because my human ran out of toilet paper for me and had to buy more. Partly because there were two days of “B roll” (extra footage of the toilet paper), and pick up shots (including the shot of me from behind).
- The B roll and pickup shots had to be done at a certain time of day and no other because the sunlight coming in the turret had to be at a certain angle.
- Those four days were spread out over more than a week, and the living room had the light stand and the toilet paper sitting in it that whole time.
- We wound up using 48 rolls of toilet paper for the challenge. At first my human had just 30. But then she had to go out and buy 18 more.
- The awesome music and sound effects came from a music/ sound site my human subscribed to for just that purpose. It’s called Epidemic Sound, and even though we got a month free to try it out, we are keeping it because it is awesome. You heard the music in my National Fried Chicken Day and Summer Cat Fashion videos too. If you want to check it out, the referral link is here.
- I know you are really wondering about this! Yes, there will be an outtakes reel.
Anyhow, that’s all I have to say. Just enjoy the video. It’s three minutes and lots of fun!
If you enjoy my videos, please stop by my channel to Like and Subscribe! It really helps me out a lot!