I just found out that May 6–12 is Be Kind to Animals Week, which means my human has already messed it up because I certainly don’t think I got anywhere near enough kindness from her yesterday! She will just have to work that much harder for the next six days. In fact, I thought I had better give her — and your humans — some suggestions. Humans’ ideas of being kind to us kitties don’t always jibe with what we want, so they need some direction.
- Put down that camera! Enough of the paparazzi action. Let us have some peace this week. If you have a blog, your human can use old photos.
- No inappropriate touching! This differs with every kitty. I personally do not like being kissed or picked up. Other kitties don’t like their tummies touched. So none of that this week.
- Extra doses of appropriate touching. Again, this differs with every kitty. My idea of appropriate touching is a good brushing. Other cats have special strokes they like and some even like (ugh!) to be kissed. So lots of that, please.
- Extra-special homemade gourmet treats. I don’t think I need to elaborate on that. You know what your cat likes, you go the extra mile.
- If your cat is napping in your lap or pressed up against you in bed, do not move, no matter what. It is not kind to disturb the kitty. Okay, in case of fire or other natural or manmade disaster, you can move your cat.
- The word “NO” is banished from the house for the week.
- Volunteer at a local rescue and be kind to some other kitties… but make sure to get rid of their scent before coming home. Smelling like other cats is not kind to your cat!
Do you kitties have more ideas on how your human can be kind to you this week?
See all of Summer’s merch at her Designercat Shop, available on Zazzle.