This post is sponsored by petMD and ARM & HAMMER™ Clump & Seal™, and the BlogPaws Professional Pet Blogger Network. I am being compensated for helping spread the word about The petMD Cat Care Center, but I only share information on sparklecat.com that I feel is relevant to my readers. ARM & HAMMER™ Clump & Seal™ and petMD are not responsible for the content of this article.
Tomorrow, October 29, is National Cat Day! It’s a day for all human to celebrate us cats… even more than we usually get celebrated! I have suggestions for you, inspired by some of the articles I found at the petMD Cat Care Center… and a few ideas of my own!
- Get extra special treats for your kitty! Not just the everyday, ordinary treats — how about sardines, some real, freshly cooked chicken, or if your cat likes raw, get some chicken hearts! Not only will most kitties love these, they are healthier than your average processed cat treats too.
- Spend some quality time with your cat! Some humans think cats are get-’em-and-forget-’em pets, but it is so not true! I’m sure all my readers know better, but I bet some of you know humans who aren’t as smart as you are! National Cat Day is a good day to educate these people about how cats need companionship and devotion just like any family member. Here are some suggestions on how to bond with your cat that you can give them… you may even find a few tips for yourself!
- Do something extra special for your cat, like buy a new cat tree or fun scratcher! Especially if what you already have is looking a bit ragged and well-loved. That does not mean you toss out the old ones, however — wait until your cat has gotten her scent on the new items and is beginning to claim them as hers.
- Are you currently cat-less or know someone who is? Or maybe there is room for another feline family member. Think adoption! Even though there are lots of humans out there who are working to turn the U.S. into a No Kill nation, cats are still at risk in shelters everywhere and are euthanized at a higher rate than dogs are. Cats are truly the underdogs of the shelter world, and if you or someone else wants to add a new cat to the family, those shelters should be the first place you look.
- And if you are thinking of adopting cat, please consider a senior cat. Many seniors are healthy and active (like Binga and Boodie) and have lots more years of fun and friendship to give. Don’t think that a senior cat is just going to lie around all day — play time is just as important for them! Here are some great tips from petMD Cat Care Center on playing with your senior cat.
I hope you and your cats enjoy National Cat Day together! If some of these ideas sound a little too much for you right now, I’m sure a catnip toy or two will be appreciated!
The Pet MD Cat Care Center is sponsored by ARM & HAMMER™ Clump & Seal™ Lightweight Cat Litter. This litter is dust-free and 50% lighter than regular cat litter, while still powerfully destroying odor. If you want to give it a try, click here for a $2 off coupon.
See all of Summer’s merch at her Designercat Shop, available on Zazzle.