I have some really fascinating feline news items for you in today’s Caturday Report… along with something a little bit disturbing.
You’ll see what I mean in just a moment.
- Many of you probably know about the incredible story of Bart, the cat who was presumed dead and buried, and who then clawed his way out from the grave. But apparently things aren’t as they appear: the Humane Society of Tampa Bay, who has been caring for Bart’s very serious injuries now says they will not return Bart to his former home, sensing that it was not a good situation for him. To keep up with Bart’s story, check out the updates on his page at the Humane Society of Tampa Bay’s website.
- On a much lighter note (and I think we need one after Bart’s sad story), check out these fashion shoots of people and their cats wearing matching outfits! I hope this does not give my human any ideas… I’m not fond of her taste in clothes.
- There are many wild cats in Africa, but none so mysterious as the African golden cat. Researchers are only just now beginning to learn more about them, and you can find out what they know so far, and see photos here.
- Want more wild cats? The Tiniest Tiger has an awesome story about Zolushka, the Amur tiger cub who, now grown, may help stabilize the small Amur tiger population. By the way, Zolushka is Russian for Cinderella.
- Lastly, I hope if you humans get the flu, you don’t go around kissing your cats — veterinarian Letrisa M. Miller explains in this guest post for Cat Wisdom 101 that your kitties are not immune to your flu bug!
While my life hasn’t been as traumatic as Bart’s or as exciting as these wild cats, it’s still been pretty interesting!
- Last week, I introduced you to six of the cats from the new anthology, Rescued, and this week, I introduced the remaining six! You will love all of them (and may even know a couple)!
- I competed in the San Diego Cat Show last weekend, and it was quite an exciting experience! Read about all the fun here.
- At the cat show, I was benched next to a very, very special kitty! Find out why this cool kitten is such a standout!
- The second installment of my ongoing series, “Human Things… and Their Feline Equivalent,” looks at how humans mark territory. It’s a way different method than what kitties do!
- I ended the week on a fun photo note by featuring photos that, for one reason or another, did not make it onto the blog.
If you see a good cat-oriented news item around the internet, send me a link and I may include it next week!