I found a variety of cat stories that sparked my interest this week!
You may have seen some of them before — but I bet you haven’t seen all of them!
- Here’s an article that looks into the “crazy cat lady” stereotype — and why it is all wrong!
- Meet Naoto Matsumura, the lone human who is taking care of the animals of Fukushima. (Yes, there are more than just cats in this story, but I think you’ll find enough felines — and enough heart — to make it worth your while.)
- While everybody else was celebrating St. Patrick’s Day, we smarter kitties were honoring our own patron saint, St. Gertrude.
- Many cat bloggers wrote about Pet Poison Prevention Week, but my own favorite was the post at Kitty Cat Chronicles because it actually listed a variety of toxic plants, plants that are deadly to cats — and plants that are safe for cats! While it’s not comprehensive, it’s enough to help you in a floral or plant store.
- I also really enjoyed this post from The Swiss Cats about feline eyesight.
As most of you know, this was my birthday week, and it was quite exciting for a lot of different reasons!
- I competed in a cat show in Portland, OR, and that was quite an adventure.
- An even bigger adventure was getting there — I flew! Find out all about that, and who I spent time with in Portland when I wasn’t in a judging ring.
- In fact, I had so many photos left over, I devoted a whole Wordless Wednesday post to pictures from my trip.
- Thursday was my birthday, and I celebrated by holding a commenthon for Southern California Abyssinian (and Somali) Rescue. Because so many of you stopped by to wish me a happy day, I made my goal well before midnight!
- Here are some lessons in cute for you kitties who need a refresher course!
If you see a good cat-oriented news item around the internet, send me a link and I may include it next week!
See all of Summer’s merch at her Designercat Shop, available on Zazzle.