The news items I found this week all seem to involve humans doing something, well, human-like with cats! Some were fun, some were very serious.
You will see what I mean when you read what I have for you:
- In a stunning display of ignorance, a doctor told his pregnant patient to stop feeding a feral colony and get rid of some of her six cats. Don’t worry, pet expert and advocate Steve Dale tells the mom-to-be it is perfectly okay to be pregnant, with cats.
- As you know, cats and books go together like chicken and… um, chicken! And for today, which happens to be Hello Kitty Reading Day, MTV has some surprisingly astute book suggestions.
- If you follow the I Have Cat blog, you know that a cat cafe is opening in Oakland, CA. But did you know there’s also one coming to Denver within the month? Now you do!
- Do you have a busy kitty who could use a little direction for his energy? Maybe he could learn to run an agility course! The Playful Kitty blog shares some tips on feline agility.
- Lastly and definitely not leastly, my pal Savannah has an awesome post about cats with cerebellar hypoplasia… because there are three of them in her area that need a home! They must be placed in northern California… please spread the word!
I had a busy week but don’t worry, I took lots of time to have fun!
- I competed in a cat show while my human ran off and did other things, including attending a big benefit event for Stray Cat Alliance! My breathless report is here.
- I learned that the Twinkle Chute Tunnel is really fun! Except for one thing.
- I also took possession of the Ess, since no other kitty seemed to want it.
- Although I am training to be a certified therapy cat, in reality, I believe all cats are therapy cats. I explain why here.
- My blogging friend Coco the Couture Cat stars in a stylish new children’s book! In fact, this book was so fancy, I had to get dressed up to review it.
If you see a good cat-oriented news item around the internet, send me a link and I may include it next week!