You will want to check out all the links in this week’s Caturday Report! There is news that may break open our secret feline lives, a do-it-yourself cat bed project and lots more!
Check it all out:
- Researchers in North Carolina are using satellite tracking harnesses, a 3-D printer, and… ahem… feces analysis in an attempt to learn about the secret lives of kitties! Want to be part of the research? Here’s the official website. You don’t have to live in North Carolina.
- Even if your human is lousy at sewing, like mine is, she can make a cat bed! This one, featured at Catladyland, is completely no sew, and completely awesome! Just remember to add nip.
- Tuesday was Pet Fire Safety Day, and here are some tips from CJ’s Paw Pad. This is a special post for them, because CJ is a fire survivor.
- Tuesday was also Blog the Change for Animals Day, and the Random Felines blog busted some myths about FIV.
- Cat Wisdom 101 has some really amazing tips on picking the right cat — and not overlooking some of the special ones.
This was almost like “rescue week” on my blog — I had several posts that covered that topic, along with my usual (or unusual) activities:
- The week did not start off well — we kitties were forced to leave our house while it was being exterminated for ants!
- I am still trying to decide on a rescue to support for the Petties, and for my human’s commenthon on Monday — vote here! And also, remember to vote for me for Best Cat Blog in the Petties!
- My own Blog the Change for Animals post was about the joys of kitty sponsorship — and I introduced the three kitties my human sponsored from PAWS of Connecticut.
- I announced the partnership between my favorite web series, CATastrophes, and Animalist.com!
- On Tortie Thursday, Binga had a modeling session in the turret!
- It was Formerly Feral Friday on my blog, and I told the story of Fussy, and how she got rescued! She is ready for a home and is being fostered in Long Beach, CA, so if you know anyone, tell me!
That’s it for this week’s Caturday Report! If you see a good news item around the internet, send me a link and I may include it next week!