Cat news around the internet is both funny and functional this week!
You’ll see what I mean below:
- Did you know that more U.S. households own cats than own individual stocks? Not that this is anything new, if you scrutinize the statistics in this CNN Money story.
- This isn’t about cats directly, but I felt it was timely and important — when Joan Rivers was planning her estate, she made sure her dogs were covered… and there’s a lesson in that for all humans with pets, wealthy or (mostly) not.
- This high school student wants to include his cat in his senior portrait — and it is amazing!
- Cat Wisdom 101 has some great tips on making sure your cats are prepared in case of an emergency. You will want to bookmark this!
- I thought this post from the Pawesome Cats blog, about hydrotherapy for cats, was fascinating! Check it out.
It’s been quite a week here too!
- I put together a list of 10 useful cat tips for humans!
- I also got to enjoy my first box!
- I had a guest post from Smoky the kitten about preparing your home for a new feline youngster (like me!), tips courtesy of the RSPCA.
- This is just a series of photos of me looking cute and playing with my favorite toy.
- Binga is the only cat here who was around for 9-11, and she told me what it was like.
- I am giving away a copy of my friend Bailey the Boat Cat’s book! Enter here. And here’s a head’s up: I’m reviewing another book on Monday that I’ll be giving away too! Make sure you come back and find out what it is.
If you see a good cat-oriented news item around the internet, send me a link and I may include it next week!