Some weeks I find news items that suggest a theme, and other weeks just seem random; this week is one of the latter!
So let’s see what feline randomness I have for you!
- From the DUH department: a new study shows that cats (like dogs and babies) judge their surroundings by the reactions of their humans. Who woulda thunk?
- We don’t watch sports around here but those of you who tune into the Super Bowl “just for the commercials” will enjoy this: Friskies will feature an exclusive new episode of their “Dear Kitten” series, made by those cat-friendly folks at Buzzfeed!
- Los Angeles has been trying to come up with ways to deal with its stray cat population and keep cats from being euthanized in shelters. Will this new proposal, raising the limit of owned cats from three to five make a difference, or is it just another indicator that L.A.’s thinking towards felines is still behind the times?
- Feline diabetes is still scary for many cat lovers, but JaneA from the Paws and Effect blog has done a lot to demystify this condition. Here she explains how she got her own diabetic cat, Bella, into remission, and offers helpful tips.
- Most of you already know that we kitties do our best to never, ever let you know when we’re in pain (we feel safer that way), which makes this post about pain management from The Conscious Cat even more important.
This has been quite the busy and random week for me too!
- My human has been under the weather (she is still recovering), and I learned a lot about caring for her! I thought other kittens would benefit from a primer, so I put one together.
- Did you know that once a cat hits the big 1-5, the vets call her “geriatric?” Since that is Binga’s next birthday, I looked at just how “geriatric” she is.
- There are a bunch of tongue shots in my outtakes, so I posted some of them.
- Thursday was Answer Your Cat’s Questions Day — and I had some questions for my human!
- I’m really excited about Rescued, the anthology of cat stories coming out on my human’s indie publishing imprint! Each cat has a rescue he or she is supporting — I tell you a little bit about the first six cats, and which rescues they have chosen! I will tell you the rest of the cats and rescues on Monday.
If you see a good cat-oriented news item around the internet, send me a link and I may include it next week!