While the majority of cat news I find proves how much people love cats, every so often I come across something that shows we kitties still have a way to go! That was this case in this week’s Caturday Report.
Let’s take a look at the good and the bad:
- While we kitties should eat a diet consisting of primarily meat protein, sometimes a small, fresh veggie or fruit treat is okay! I’m happy to say that my faves, broccoli and cantaloupe are both on this list of best fruits and vegetables for cats!
- Here is some awesome vintage Japanese cat art… and somebody made a very cool animated video out of one of the pieces!
- This totally gets my hiss: the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America is discouraging the use of therapy cats! I hope the backlash to this is big and widespread — otherwise my human may never go to the hospital, no matter how sick she ever gets.
- As you may have noticed, I don’t really mind going to the vet clinic. But a lot of kitties do — and the Fur Everywhere blog has some great tips for making vet visits less stressful.
- Continuing in a medical vein, Connie at Tails from the Foster Kittens has information about home testing your diabetic cat. It’s not as scary as you might think! And she has a wonderful diabetic foster, Abby, who is in desperate need of a home right now.
I’ve had quite the exciting week!
- I competed in a cat show, and it was a tough one! We are in the last few weeks of the season, so it is not going to get any easier either.
- I showed off my office chair and wrote about some of my supervising duties.
- I shared about my breakfast routine (and Binga’s).
- Here are 10 reasons every office needs a kitty (or kitties).
- So many other things went on this week, I had a recap of all of them in one blog post.
If you see a good cat-oriented news item around the internet, send me a link and I may include it next week!