Science, entertainment, and holiday news — this week’s Caturday Report has it all, and more!
Plus, as you can see, I had an assistant helping me put together this week’s report! So let’s get started.
- Hollywood’s Golden Age had its fair share of feline celebrities, and a new book takes a look at some of these kitty luminaries (and some who merely basked in the light of human stars).
- Humans who have had the heartbreak of seeing their cat suffer from end stage kidney disease will be interested in a scientific study, which has identified a new way to screen for this killer — and might eventually extend the lifespan of cats with kidney disease.
- A New Zealand doctor is using scientific methods to ID, track, and rescue and rehome cats in an area called the Red Zone. Many thanks to the Dashkitten.com team for finding this item!
- Want a happy cat this holiday season? Pay attention to these tips from Cat Wisdom 101.
- And lastly, a story that may surprise you: The Cats Herd You blog looked into the statistics, and you know what? Giving a cat as a Christmas gift may not be a bad idea!
I’ve had quite a week, as you can see:
- It started with my long weekend, during which I had a very eventful cat show!
- I also found some really amazing cat trees to tell you about!
- There was good Bird TV to be had…
- And I curated a nice selection of cat beds.
- We had rain! And can you believe my human took me out in it?
- Lastly, I had a photo shoot for the holidays, and I have an eCard for you.
If you see a good cat-oriented news item around the internet, send me a link and I may include it next week!