I didn’t plan it this way, but most of the stories I found for this week’s Caturday Report involve feline health in one form or another.
Even this week’s posts from my blogging pals are about cat health — so let’s get started!
- Do you know that some cats, especially older ones, have a syndrome where high pitched noises can give them seizures? This story from the Discovery Channel looks at what is called the Tom and Jerry Syndrome.
- Does it seem to you like more cats are getting hyperthyroidism than in the past? Could it be because of the flame retardant chemicals found on many household items these days? This story looks at that possibility.
- This story in the Smithsonian wonders if we cats are really domesticated. We already know the answer to that one, don’t we?
- Many cats develop arthritis as they get older. What are the signs? This post from The Conscious Cat tells you what to look for.
- Humans are always worried about catching bugs — and I don’t mean fun, crawly bugs. I’m referring to the bugs that make them ill. Can we kitties make them sick? The Pawesome Cats blog looks at illnesses that humans can catch from us cats. (I know I use Pawesome Cats and the Conscious Cat a lot… but what can I say? They have really informative blog posts!)
It has been quite a week around here! I’ve been busy and so has my human! But I’m sure you don’t want to hear about her boring life, so my blog posts this week were only about kitty business.
- I started off the week with a review and giveaway for the new book, The Good, the Bad, and the Furry by Tom Cox. There is still time to enter to win one of five books available!
- I competed in a cat show over the weekend, and I revealed how I keep my energy up while I’m going from judging ring to judging ring all day.
- I also revealed how I did — and explained what a Supreme cake is.
- Here’s a Throwback Thursday you’ll want to look at — it’s Sparkle, from April, 2011!
- Remember those pro photos I had taken a while back? Well, it turns out I need different pictures! My human and I had to scramble to put something together (in fact, we are still working on it… and I may have to have a bath!).
If you see a good cat-oriented news item around the internet, send me a link and I may include it next week!