Some humans are awesome, and some humans, not so much when it comes to us kitties. That seems to be the theme this week, as you will see with the news items I found.
Let’s get right to it!
- Here is a guy who really knows how to catify a house! He has spent the past 15 years creating all sorts of cat superhighways and cozy cubbyholes for his felines. I would love to live here!
- And speaking of catification, if you’re a feral cat in Los Angeles, life just got a little more comfortable, thanks to Architects for Animals. Fourteen architects put together some really creative outdoor cat shelters and displayed them at a benefit for Fixnation. Here are the amazing structures, which also got donated to the organization.
- On the not-helpful front, here is a columnist for the Washington Post, who does not think he has to spay his cat because she is indoors only… like she can’t figure out a way to escape, or a Tom can’t find a way to sneak in! The best part of the story are the comments, calling out this guy on his ignorance. Don’t miss those!
- If your cat is stressed out, do you think the cause might be… you? This story from The Guardian lists some things you may want to examine, to make sure you have a truly happy cat.
- I hope your cat never gets lost… but if she does — or if you find someone else’s cat who is lost — this blog post from Playful Kitty will have some helpful tips for you. It’s worth bookmarking!
It has been quite a week here too:
- I started the week out with a giveaway for David Yow’s art book, Copycat! Have you entered yet?
- I modeled my super-cool harness, and also showed how not to wear it!
- I thought you might enjoy some cute photos of me sleeping… and I think I was right!
- Binga said I had to use her post, A Tortie Guide to Introducing a Kitten to a New Home… and, um, how could I say no?
- Yesterday was my 6 month birthday! And I had some other special things to share too.
If you see a good cat-oriented news item around the internet, send me a link and I may include it next week!