This week’s Caturday Report includes several stories that I think prove how felines, small and large, can fascinate humans in dramatic and powerful ways.
And as usual, my blogging pals have some really great info for us kitties!
- The Tumblr “Humans of New York” became a sensation and will now become a book, but I bet the newer Tumblr, “Felines of New York,” will be even bigger!
- Bored Panda sometimes has posts that invite submissions, and here is one of their most powerful: before and after photos of rescued cats and kittens! They are still accepting submissions until April 4, in case you have before and after photos you’d like ot share.
- While the battle over the growing population of feral cats brews, humans seem to be forgetting that habitat loss is threatening the survival of big cats. Here is a cold, hard reminder.
- When most people think heartworm, they think of dogs, but cats can be plagued by this too. Here is a post from the Paws for Reflection blog about heartworm and how it impacts cats — I consider it a must-read.
- And another must-read comes from the Fur Everywhere blog, about four dangers of the Easter season for cats.
I had a mostly-fun week. Sometimes it’s just awesome being a kitty!
- I went to a trunk show last weekend, and I tell you all about it — plus I had a cool announcement to make!
- When humans misbehave, it’s important to let them know it, so I have some good facial expressions for you to use.
- There I was, sunning by the turret staircase… and you know what happened!
- I took my readers on a tour of my back patio and enjoyed the California spring sunshine.
- I told you about a special kitty, the flea soap he inspired, and his human, who needs a little help right now.
If you see a good cat-oriented news item around the internet, send me a link and I may include it next week!