I was getting ready to put together my usual serious (or at least semi-serious) collection of cat news… but there were so many good April Fools posts involving cats that I decided to share my favorites instead! Sadly, they are all false.
If you want something with a little more meat (although there’s no chicken), I’ve also included a couple of cool posts from my fellow cat bloggers.
- This one was a real attention getter — it’s a mashup of Groupon, Uber and cats: ta-da, it’s GrÃ¸Ã¼ber, cats who drive you to your Groupon deals.
- The city of Colorado Springs is planning the world’s first cat park… or maybe not.
- Cat cafes? That is so last year! Japan is already on the next trend: cat nightclubs! Sadly, that wasn’t true either.
- My friends over at Pawesome Cats write about cats doing agility drills. Yes, that’s very real, and no, it’s not going to be part of my repertoire of skills. (My human claims I’m too lazy.)
- And finally, Ashton over at the Cats Herd You blog explains the importance of making sure your cat has ID.
This has been quite a busy (and fun!) week for me.
- I started off by having a giveaway for a copy of the hilarious new book Texts From Mittens! And texted with Binga too! There is still time to enter.
- I spent last weekend at a cat show in Palm Springs. I really enjoyed myself, and I even got a few ribbons!
- For a while there, I thought my human was going to trade me in for a bunny!
- Here is a fun Throwback Thursday post — it shows me competing in cat shows as a kitten. Big difference from now!
- I ended the week by supervising my human while she put together packages from the Rescued Pubslush campaign (in fact, we are still working on them). And I have to admit, I’m still learning this supervising thing.
If you see a good cat-oriented news item around the internet, send me a link and I may include it next week!