I actually won it over a month ago from Fisher, a fellow advice-giving cat who not only has a blog, but also a column in the Tampa Bay Times! I read all his posts and I have to say, he gives excellent advice. Thanks, Fisher, for the kudos!
This award has been going around since 2008. If you wish to read more about this award, please visit Scholastic Scribe.
Here are the rules of this award:
1. Each Superior Scribbler (S.S.) must pass the Award onto 5 most deserving blogger friends.
2. Each S.S. must link the author and name of the blog from whom he/she received the award.
3. Each S.S. must display the award on his/her blog and link to this post, which explains the award.
4. Each S.S. who wins is asked to visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List so they can keep up-to-date on everyone who receives The Prestigious Honor. (I think this refers to the very original post back in 2008, and the Mclinky list is so long — over 1300 names! — that I don’t think you can add any more.)
5. Each S.S. must post these rules on his/her blog.
Here are the blogs I have chosen. Not all of them are kitty blogs, but if you are a cat, I can guarantee you will find each one interesting! In no particular order, they are:
- Housecat Confidential Long after most senior kitties have retired to spend their days napping in the sun, Fin keeps working overtime to make her blog a fun place to visit! She recently hosted the 2010 Cat-O-Lympics and the A-Cat-Emy Awards! She always has something new going on.
- Beaded Tail Sharla and her mother Shari create pretty beaded jewelry that they sell on their Esty shop — and they donate proceeds to benefit worthy animal charities! Although Sharla is supposedly in charge of the blog, she pretty much lets her two cats, Angel and Isabella and husky, Sadie, run rampant all over it! Which, of course, is as it should be.
- The Everyday Adventurer Ratty is not a real rat, but a human, so kitties, don’t go chasing him around! Instead, sit back while he takes you on a tour of pretty nature scenes not far from his home in eastern Michigan. In photos and occasional videos, you get to meet a host of birds, squirrels, deer and the occasional bug, and wander down lots of inviting hiking paths. No matter what season it is, Ratty always has a way of highlighting the special qualities of nature scenes that are probably not unlike those near you!
- New York Renovator While this blog is supposed to be about renovating a mid-1800s house in upstate New York, just as often it’s about Livvy, the kitty who inhabits said vintage home. I don’t blame her owner, Rebecca (who writes under the penname Mrs. Mecomber) — Livvy is a larger than life personality. If you want to read the posts about home renovation, you can choose from the topics at the menu bar at the top of the blog… or you can click on “Find the Kitty” and read the posts about Livvy instead.
- Wild Facts This is a really fun blog for humans and cats alike! It’s run by a biologist named Nathan and his goal is to present 1000 fascinating animal facts, one per day, five days a week. At the moment he is in the 800s, and he is counting backwards, so he has a long way to go! But Nathan often doesn’t write about your every day creatures — he finds really unusual animals, like the Binturong (#863), Numbat (#867) and Blobfish (#890). And he’s got a great sense of humor, so his entries are always very entertaining.
I hope everyone enjoys these great blogs!
See all of Summer’s merch at her Designercat Shop, available on Zazzle.