I actually won it over a month ago from Fisher, a fellow advice-giving cat who not only has a blog, but also a column in the Tampa Bay Times! I read all his posts and I have to say, he gives excellent advice. Thanks, Fisher, for the kudos!
This award has been going around since 2008. If you wish to read more about this award, please visit Scholastic Scribe.
Here are the rules of this award:
1. Each Superior Scribbler (S.S.) must pass the Award onto 5 most deserving blogger friends.
2. Each S.S. must link the author and name of the blog from whom he/she received the award.
3. Each S.S. must display the award on his/her blog and link to this post, which explains the award.
4. Each S.S. who wins is asked to visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List so they can keep up-to-date on everyone who receives The Prestigious Honor. (I think this refers to the very original post back in 2008, and the Mclinky list is so long — over 1300 names! — that I don’t think you can add any more.)
5. Each S.S. must post these rules on his/her blog.
Here are the blogs I have chosen. Not all of them are kitty blogs, but if you are a cat, I can guarantee you will find each one interesting! In no particular order, they are:
- Housecat Confidential Long after most senior kitties have retired to spend their days napping in the sun, Fin keeps working overtime to make her blog a fun place to visit! She recently hosted the 2010 Cat-O-Lympics and the A-Cat-Emy Awards! She always has something new going on.
- Beaded Tail Sharla and her mother Shari create pretty beaded jewelry that they sell on their Esty shop — and they donate proceeds to benefit worthy animal charities! Although Sharla is supposedly in charge of the blog, she pretty much lets her two cats, Angel and Isabella and husky, Sadie, run rampant all over it! Which, of course, is as it should be.
- The Everyday Adventurer Ratty is not a real rat, but a human, so kitties, don’t go chasing him around! Instead, sit back while he takes you on a tour of pretty nature scenes not far from his home in eastern Michigan. In photos and occasional videos, you get to meet a host of birds, squirrels, deer and the occasional bug, and wander down lots of inviting hiking paths. No matter what season it is, Ratty always has a way of highlighting the special qualities of nature scenes that are probably not unlike those near you!
- New York Renovator While this blog is supposed to be about renovating a mid-1800s house in upstate New York, just as often it’s about Livvy, the kitty who inhabits said vintage home. I don’t blame her owner, Rebecca (who writes under the penname Mrs. Mecomber) — Livvy is a larger than life personality. If you want to read the posts about home renovation, you can choose from the topics at the menu bar at the top of the blog… or you can click on “Find the Kitty” and read the posts about Livvy instead.
- Wild Facts This is a really fun blog for humans and cats alike! It’s run by a biologist named Nathan and his goal is to present 1000 fascinating animal facts, one per day, five days a week. At the moment he is in the 800s, and he is counting backwards, so he has a long way to go! But Nathan often doesn’t write about your every day creatures — he finds really unusual animals, like the Binturong (#863), Numbat (#867) and Blobfish (#890). And he’s got a great sense of humor, so his entries are always very entertaining.
I hope everyone enjoys these great blogs!
Congratulations….you deserve it. You write so well…amusing, and brilliant.
Thank you, Sparkle, for such a nice mention. I am honored to have such nice comments from a fellow advice giver!
Thanks Sparkle! So nice of you to think of me!!
Congratulations on that wonderful award and Sparkle you deserve it a lot. We enjoy all your writings. Good job. And we hope you have a wonderful week end.
It sounds like an awesome award! I’ll visit these blogs now. Congratulations!
Congratulations Sparkle! This is definitely a well deserved award! Your writing has always entertained me. Not only because I am amazed that a cat can write so well but the way you present the topics just make it fun to read.
I wanted to thank you for presenting an award to Wild Facts. It is a great honour since the award is coming from such an incredible writer.
Love Meow says
Congratulations on your award! well deserved! i have not seen some of the blogs. I will definitely check them out 🙂
Congratulations on your Superior Scribbler award! You deserve it very much. And thanks for writing such nice things about my blog.
Well done and well earned my dear!!
I congrajumates u. I has a proud! 🙂
Concatulations on your award and thank you so much for passing it on to us! We’ll get our pawsisitant to post it soon – hopefully! She’s been rather slow lately but it’s a good thing she treats us so well or we would consider firing her.
Mrs. Mecomber says
Sparkle– what a prestigious award and I’m not surprised one bit that you nabbed it! I especially love your advice columns. I often read them to my kids who get a big kick out of them. Livvy takes them too seriously, though.
I am WOWED that you’d pass your award to Livvy and me!!! Yes, I do often blog about her– just can’t help it– while we wait for our next big renovation project. More to come about that!
Thanks so much for the award, but especially thanks for your witty comments on my blog, and your friendship. 🙂
Hooray! An honor well-deserved. I like your choices–I like those blogs too. 🙂
The Creek Cats says
Concatulations on your well deserved award, Sparkle!!