It’s Friday the 13th, so I thought it would be fun to list some of the things that make black cats cool. I wonder if that will make superstitious humans afraid of my blog today! Let’s see.
- Some humans are paranoid about having a black cat cross their path — that means black cats get the right of way all the time, and humans will not bother them.
- In the UK, Ireland and Japan, black cats are considered good luck… and it is true! Lots of good things happen to humans who share their homes with black cats — in fact, the initial good thing is having the black cat in the first place!
- Black cats are one step closer to Bast than other cats! Egyptian lore said the cat goddess looked more favorably on households with black cats.
- Black cats are mysterious! Of course, all cats are mysterious, but black cats get to be even more mysterious because humans just assume they are! And that’s all being mysterious really is, human assumption.
- Because of their dark coats, it is easier for black cats to hide when they don’t want their humans to bother them!
- Black cats share their homes with some of the best humans! Lots of people are frightened by black cats or think they are evil or bad… well, you don’t really want to live with humans like that, do you? By her very presence, a black cat will scare off such silly, ignorant humans, thus separating the wheat from the chaff, or the catnip leaves from the stems, so to speak. I keep hoping that eventually there will be less dumb humans and more smart ones. That would mean more black cat adoptions — and happier homes for all of us kitties!
See all of Summer’s merch at her Designercat Shop, available on Zazzle.