Every house with cats living in it must have rules. For the humans, that is. But because we kitties are all different, each home will have different house rules. I thought you’d like to know ours, so here you go:
- Humans are not allowed to lie down unaccompanied by a cat.
- The dining room table is a prime napping spot; humans eat on it at their own risk.
- The back of the office chair seat is meant to be occupied by either Binga or myself, and never by my human’s behind. She can sit on the front half while we nap.
- When my human’s boyfriend pulls out his suitcase, it’s a clear signal for all cats to misbehave. When my human pulls out her suitcase, no misbehavior is necessary except for Binga.
- If there is a critter in the house that needs to be hunted, we cats only have to corner it. It is up to the humans to actually catch and dispose of it.
- In the morning, before my human gets up, it is her boyfriend’s job to open up the window over the kitchen sink so I can watch the birds. (It was easy to train him to do this!)
- Since dinner is never on time, it must be worth waiting for. So we get the best meals then.
- Visitors are welcomed, as long as they don’t interrupt any kitty business.
- All workers must be strictly supervised by one or more resident cats.
- Binga can do whatever she wants, because no one can stop her.
What sort of rules do you kitties have at your house?