Yesterday, the Pawesome Cats blog had a list of things we house kitties have in common with wild cats. It was a really awesome post, and proved that we domestic cats are a lot like our bigger brothers and sisters. In fact, I liked the post so much, I was inspired to add a few more things all us cats, large and small, have in common!
Here is my list:
- We all love catnip! (Don’t believe me? Check out this video from Big Cat Rescue.)
- Big cats like boxes too — here’s another Big Cat Rescue video to prove it. Apparently some big cats even enjoy creating awesome box art.
- All us kitties, wild and domestic, need our beauty rest. Wild cats sleep just as much as we house cats do. So don’t call us lazy unless you are going to go up to a lion or tiger and accuse him of the same thing.
- Cats of all sizes have retractable claws, which helps us be the fierce killing machines we are!
- All us cats want to look our best, and we spend lots of time grooming! It takes effort to look sleek and beautiful. What, you thought it was just natural?
- Every cat loves and needs meat! Yum. Trust me, if we little cats could take down a gazelle, we would, and big cats love chicken just as much as domestic cats.
- Even though we are called “domestic,” we are in reality as wild as our untamed relatives! We chose to live with humans, not the other way around… and admit it, that’s one of the things you like best about us kitties.
- The biggest threat to all cats is… humans. Whether it’s encroachment on a big cat’s environment, attempts to “get rid of” (i.e., kill) feral cat colonies, or a random act of cruelty, you guys are dangerous! We need to watch our backs.
Got anything else you want to add to the list?