Here is a cool holiday for you humans! According to the Live Like a Cat Day website, it is “the one day a year where you can do absolutely whatever you want,” i.e., live like a cat! It is celebrated on the second Caturday in January every year.
I know you humans may need some help when it comes to living like a cat, so I have some suggestions to help you.*
1. Sleep in a sun puddle. In fact, spend most of the day napping.
2. When you are not napping, spend your time grooming. For kitties, every day is spa day!
3. Eat chicken and tuna all day!
4. When somebody calls you for something you don’t want to do, ignore them.
5. Sit in a box. Seriously. You don’t know how cool it is until you try it.
6. It’s winter, so it is probably cold where you are. Sit by the heater vents or radiator and enjoy the warmth.
7. Misbehave, just because you can!
8. Play with a milk ring jug or a twist tie! I promise, you will have a lot of fun.
9. Race up and down the length of your house or apartment for no reason. It’s even better if you do this in the middle of the night.
10. If somebody annoys you, whap them. (Binga added this one.)
I hope you find these suggestions helpful! Enjoy your day living like a cat!
*We kitties are not responsible for any consequences that may happen because of today’s cat-inspired actions by humans.
See all of Summer’s merch at her Designercat Shop, available on Zazzle.