Humans can be so confusing sometimes! And while I have spent most of my life deciphering their behavior to help you kitties have better feline-human relationships, there are just some things that will probably always remain a mystery, such as:
- Why do humans get so excited over catnip mice and bug toys like Nekoflies and happily use them to play with us, but if a real, tasty mouse or bug comes along they freak out?
- Most humans understand that we cats thrive on routine, so why do they change our feeding times by an hour twice a year? Why can’t they keep us on schedule, no matter what they want to do with their own routine for this so-called Daylight Savings Time?
- Humans are always so eager to find new ways for kitties to go on diets — portion control, automated feeders, treat puzzles, more play/ exercise, etc. — but why can’t they seem to successfully do the same thing for themselves?
- Why must humans go through a lot of paperwork and legal mumbo-jumbo every time they get a new house? Why can’t they just pee to mark where the boundaries are? It would be so much easier for them.
- And why all the talking? It’s such a complicated form of communication. Don’t they understand that body language speaks way louder than words?
- Oh, and the perfume and smelly soap thing — it’s a terrible way to disguise one’s scent. I don’t know who they are trying to hide from anyway. And isn’t it better to just smell like yourself, so other humans know who they are dealing with?
How about you kitties — are there things your humans do that puzzle you?
See all of Summer’s merch at her Designercat Shop, available on Zazzle.