Here’s something fun for you! I searched around and found some really fun cat trivia. I tried to pick cat facts that aren’t commonly known (I mean, doesn’t everyone know a group of kittens is called a kindle?). Or, if they were a little bit familiar, at least to my human, I tried to put a fun spin on them. I hope you enjoy them!
- Did you know there’s an official term for the happy paws cats make? It’s snurgling! So when humans are in the kitchen, baking bread or biscuits I guess that means they’re snurgling too.
- Cats can make 100 different sounds, while dogs can only make ten.
- Did you know that New Zealand has the largest number of family cats per capita? The number is 1.8 per household.
- Abraham Lincoln once said his cat Dixie was smarter than his cabinet… and he was probably right!
- What do cats, grizzly bears, warthogs and Usain Bolt have in common? They all can run at a top speed of 30 MPH!
- Cats have about 24 whiskers on their muzzle, 12 on each side.
- Cats have most of their sweat glands in their paws. So nervous cats can get clammy paws, just like humans do with their hands.
- In ancient Egypt, the punishment for cat smuggling was… death!
- Cats have 32 muscles in each ear. Humans only have six.
How many of these did you already know? Tell me in the comments, and let me know if you have some cat trivia of your own.
Other posts you’ll enjoy: