I was wondering what to post today — my human has been too busy to do anything really fun and exciting with me. So I thought you might like to know five fun facts about me. I think some of them may surprise you!
- I prefer plane rides to car rides! Yes, I know, crazy isn’t it? But when I’m in the car, my human is too busy driving to pay attention to me. When we are on a plane, even though she usually is just looking at her phone or reading a magazine, I know she’s there if I need her.
- I love airports, and I think going through TSA is awesome! I guess that is the opposite of how humans feel about it. But I think airports are cool because people make a big deal out of me, and that’s always fun. Plus I get to hang out with my human. At TSA, I get to come out of my carrier, and it’s like I’m making a grand entrance! I stand on the metal table like I’m at a cat show.
- I walk on my leash (almost) like a dog. To be honest, I don’t really heel. And sometimes I don’t always go where I’m supposed to, or stop when I should. But I will trot along right with my human a lot of the time, and I enjoy doing that. Of course, I also like to walk around behind the checkout counter when we’re at the pet store, or try to sneak into offices when I’m at the vet clinic. But I bet humans would too, if they thought they could get away with it.
- I don’t mind dogs, but other than family, I don’t really like other cats! Binga and Boodie are my pals, and I’ve met Smokey (our foster who lives upstairs) a few times and she’s all right. But at cat shows, the less I see of the cats benched next to me, the better, because I will hiss at them. That’s one of the reasons I don’t compete in shows anymore. I didn’t like being in judging cages, so close to the other cats, and it made me grouchy. So my human said I didn’t have to do it anymore. I don’t care. I prefer being a Pet Me Cat because I’m the center of attention.
The one cat I’m okay with that’s not family is Josie, the other therapy cat in our program. The rules require therapy pets to stay at least 6 feet away from each other, and this seems to work well for us.
- I really do enjoy wearing clothes and modeling! When my human puts up a backdrop and lights, I get really excited! I’ll hang out and wait for the photo session to start. When I have to do multiple clothes changes, it’s even better. It’s really rare for me to dislike something I’m wearing, even a silly costume. If I don’t like something I’m wearing, it tends to be a hat. They can be a little uncomfortable.
I hope you enjoyed reading these fun facts about me!