We therapy cats are a little different from other kitties. We’ve got just a tad more of the good feline qualities, and just a bit less of the bad ones. But what exactly does a therapy cat need? I thought I’d put together this quick list. Let me know what you think!
A therapy cat needs:
- A strong purr
- A cheerful demeanor
- Soft fur… or, if a Sphynx, skin that’s as warm and cozy as a hot water bottle
- A quiet meow that is rarely used
- The ability to cuddle well
- To adapt to an infinite variety of touches, hugs, and pets
- The ability to wear a harness and vest with grace and maybe a little bit of style
- To allow for human frailty and awkward handling
- To revel in a child’s delight and ignore her grabby hands
- To absorb both tears and smiles and reflect back only sweetness
See all of Summer’s merch at her Designercat Shop, available on Zazzle.