I’m not talking about violent crime or cruelty, of course, but those little things that humans do that, really, should be outlawed. Just because they don’t come with a jail sentence doesn’t mean they are okay to do! I am a very patient kitty, but some of these even get to me. In fact, this post was inspired by my human doing the very first thing on this list. Do you know how hard I worked to get a taste? Looking cute, being my human’s best pal, getting bossy — nothing worked. Now, that is a crime if there ever was one! So I decided to put together the list below. Maybe my human will think twice before she does any of these crimes again.
Crimes Against Kitties
- Eating fried chicken without offering us any
- Closing doors to keep us out of rooms
- Throwing boxes into the recycling bin before we’re done using them
- Waking us up from a good nap, especially if it’s just to take a photo of us
- Continuing to pet us after we’ve given the signal (twitching skin or tail, purring too loudly, etc.) that we’re finished
- Bothering us when we want alone time
- Or, conversely, giving us too much alone time
- Ending play sessions too early
- Not allowing us on the kitchen counter and table tops
- Three words: Daylight Savings Time
What other things do your humans do that annoy you? And what sort of punishment do you mete out, since jail is not an option?
See all of Summer’s merch at her Designercat Shop, available on Zazzle.