Cats love Christmas! So many fun, sparkly things, wrapping paper, boxes… what’s not to love? So I’ve listed 9 Christmas truths every cat will know. And now that you humans reading this know them, you have no excuse!
- Fragile ornaments should be hung on the higher up branches of the Christmas tree. Unless you have kittens or an adventuresome young adult cat. Then, um, yeah, why are they even there?
- If you decide to hang your cat’s toys from the cat tree and call it a Christmas tree, your cat will know you are faking it.
- Cats have dibs on the heater vent for relaxation time. C’mon, you know you want to lie there, but no, it belongs to the cat.
- You are cheating your cat out of something special if you don’t let him help you wrap presents.
- Also, letting your cat help unwrap the presents on Christmas morning a is also a requirement.
- Cats have a permanent spot on the nice list. This is non-negotiable.
- A stocking on the fireplace mantle full of cat treats and catnip toys is practically de rigueur.
- The after dinner Christmas nap must not be disturbed. This especially means photo ops.
- Your cat is the best Christmas gift of all — that is why he is always napping under the tree.
Which of these does your cat identify with most? Let me know in the comments!
Other posts you’ll enjoy:
- Cat Rules for the Holidays
- A Fun Christmas for Your Cat? Here Are 9 Tips!
- What NOT to Give Your Human for Christmas