With the start of every new year, lots of humans make a list of resolutions — things like exercise more, eat better, lose weight. Mainly good habits that they want to establish that they are inevitably destined to drop within a couple of weeks. I don’t get why they do this. I don’t think it’s something any cat understands. Cats, as you know, don’t need resolutions because we are already perfect! And thinking about this, doesn’t it make sense for us to offer humans some better resolutions than the ones they make? Their own resolutions set them up for failure. I think cat resolutions would be easier for them to keep. Here’s a sample list.
- Get more beauty rest. How do I know all this napping is beauty rest? Well, there must be a reason all us kitties are so beautiful!
- Take time to watch wildlife through the window. It’s a lot more interesting than that stuff that happens on the TV. More illuminating, even, if you watch with enough focus.
- Spend a few minutes stretching every day. It feels good, and it keeps you limber. Plus it doesn’t feel like work.
- Dance before every meal! It’s fun and helps you work up an appetite.
- Hunt out a hiding space where no one can find you and use it often. Everyone needs some privacy.
- Fit in a little extra grooming daily. It’s so good for your self-esteem.
- Do something just a bit naughty every day. A life that is always well behaved is also boring!
Can you think of any other cat resolutions for humans?
Check out my Valentine’s Day Collection on Zazzle!
See all of Summer’s merch at her her Zazzle Designercat Shop