Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow pals in the United States — and happy Thursday to everyone else.
Really, we should make a point of being thankful every day because gratitude is one of the highest energies you can have. My human tries to spend a moment or two of gratitude each morning when she wakes up. And if she is having one of those grouchy days where she is not feeling terribly grateful, she still tries to think about what she appreciates. Which is kind of a trick… because appreciation and gratitude are pretty much the same thing. Try it, if you are not feeling very grateful for some reason (it happens to everyone). It really helps.
This is what I am grateful for this year:
- First and foremost, I’m grateful that I get to be a therapy cat. It’s a very special role that not every cat (or dog) can do, and I’m very fortunate that not only can I do it, I am affiliated with a local organization that makes it easy for me to do so.
- I’m grateful for the wonderful house I live in. My human has been spending some time fixing it up, and it is becoming even more of a home than it was before.
- I’m grateful that my human loves someone who also loves me lots. When he is here, the house is filled with laughter, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen my human so happy.
- I’m grateful for my health, and my human’s health. We know lots of people and kitties that have challenges in this area, so we both understand what a gift it is to have bodies that work well. My human does a lot to keep us both in good health, and while I may not love everything she puts me through (vets, supplements), I’m grateful nonetheless because I can tell she does it with love.
- And I’m super grateful for all of you who come to my blog and spend time with me! I really do enjoy the photo and video sessions I do, and the occasional public appearances I make! I love people, and I love when I get a chance to meet you in person. And I always enjoy making you smile. So thank you!
What are you grateful for? Please tell me in the comments.
Other posts you’ll enjoy:
- My Human’s Thanksgiving Gratitude List… About Me!
- Thanksgiving Week Therapy Cat Visit
- My First Thanksgiving