Recently I got awards from two different bloggers: the Versatile Blogger Award from Harry Spotter of Spot and Fiona and the Sweet Blog Award from tripzibit of Unsolved Mysteries in the World (this is actually not a cat blog — it is about all sorts of cool, true life mysteries. I think my human is addicted to this blog because she makes me visit it every day!). Thanks to both of you!
The Versatile Blogger Award has three rules:
1. You are supposed to thank whoever gave it to you (which I just did).
2. You have to share nine things about yourself. Here goes:
- I consider envelope glue and paper to be food groups.
- Although I am not a big ‘nip fiend, every so often, a strain will rub me the right way, like whatever it is they put in those toys from Casbah Kittens!
- I go through periods when I just don’t want to have anything to do with my human. Like she’ll walk in a room and I will immediately leave. But then the next day, I’ll be all over her desk, giving her headbutts.
- I occasionally comb my human’s hair with my claws.
- Binga beats up on Boodie, but she won’t beat up on me because I stand up to her.
- I am so scared of getting wet that my human can’t hold me and walk past a sink because I will panic! Even if there is no water in it and the faucet is turned off.
- I think getting brushed is the best thing ever. I would rather get brushed than have a treat. Although getting both is best.
- I love freeze dried chicken and duck hearts. A lot of times, when I don’t like what my human has given me for dinner, I will eat some of it if she sprinkles one or both on top of it.
- I have to approve every document my human signs or it doesn’t count. I approve it by sitting on it. Although I don’t recall sitting on the documents for this house, so we may be in trouble here!
You are supposed to pass the award to nine other bloggers who you think are fantastic. I can’t really do this because I think all the kitty blogs I visit are fantastic! So consider this your award too!
For the Sweet Award, all I had to do was thank the blogger who gave it to me, link back to them and give 10 other bloggers the award. Since it would be even harder to come up with 10 bloggers as it would be to think of nine, I will just give you all this award too.
Sandra Rose Hughes says
congratulations on the awards! I sure appreciate the comment you left on my blog where I put a picture of my new tortie kitten. Unfortunately, Tail-light (that’s her name) bullies our older calico cat, Bango! Tail-light is only 7 weeks old, but she runs at Bango and scares her away whenever she tries to come inside. It must be something about tortoise shell cats. I try to make it up to Bango by giving her lots of attention and treats.
Thanks again! – Sandra Rose Hughes (mother to Bango, Tail-light, and Ladybug the labrador).
Along with sitting on the papers, I find batting the pen is also helpful.
Congratulations! You guys are all so nice to share your award with everybuddy. I must say any award you would receive would be VERY well deserved! Have a wonderful day 🙂
The Island Cats says
Congrats on those cool awards!!
Concats on the awards! You eat glue and paper? And like being groomed? Weird kitty!
Katnip Lounge says
ConCats on your awards! We think getting groomed AND getting a treat is the best, too!
Good for you standing up for yourself. You go, girl!
Concatulations on your awards Sparkle! I don’t like water either but my sisfur Angel plays in it. She’s silly.
Eric and Flynn says
Concats on your awards. We are the opposite of you. We like to paddle in water. If we are in the field with the stream, we like to walk in it.
Congratulations on your award. You really deserve it very much. Glue and paper. I guess I can understand the aversion to water. Mix that with the glue and paper and it might not be so good.
Amy & The House of Cats says
Congrats on the awards – that is cool! And we are going to send our mom to that Unsolved Mysteries blog – she loves that stuff!!
Congrats on your awards. You do have a great blog so you certainly deserve them. Good stuff finding out things all about you. Good job sitting on all documents.
Have a super Thurs.
You deserve all of you awards because you are SPARKLE!
That is a superb photo
Toby & Leia says
Pawsome Sparkle Facts, thank you. And we really luff that top pic of you. What a gorgeous lady kitteh you are.
Congratulations! We like learning more about you. And thanks for letting us know about the Unsolved Mysteries blog – it looks like a good one!
P.S. our mom says the story about Yamashita’s gold is part of the plot of Neal Stephenson’s book “Cryptonomicon” (she liked the book, but thought it could have benefited from some editing.)
Raymond and Busby says
Sparkle, thanks for sharing those interesting facts. We wonder if you had a bad water experience as a kitty?
Concats on your awards!
Harry Spotter says
Congrats on all your awards.
Huffle Mawson says
Congratulations on your awards Sparkle!
Sniffie and the Florida Furkids says
Excellent awards – ConCatulations!!
Sniffie and the Florida Furkids
Congrats on the awards! it was cool learning a little more about you. And now Momma wants to check out that Unsolved Mysteries blog. We’re glad you like our toys, and thank you for mentioning us!
Well done my friends!
Fuzzy Tales says
Congratulations on your awards! Hmm, glue and paper as food groups…maybe we should try that! :-))