My friends Lola and Lexi did this on their blog, and I enjoyed it so much, I thought I would do it on mine — make sure you read the last one!
1. Although we are the same breed, and in fact came from the same breeder, Sparkle and I are not closely related. You would have to go very far back in our gene pool to find common ancestors.
2. In addition to cantaloupe, I also like broccoli.
3. I took to both the harness and the leash right away. In fact, I will wear almost anything without complaint if I get treats.
4. I am perfectly happy at the vet clinic except for one thing: nobody must ever, ever take my temperature with a rectal thermometer. It is the one thing I won’t allow!
5. When I have baths, I adore having my butt blow-dried.
6. I love hanging out in the front yard, and if my human puts on my harness, sometimes I will go sit by the front door.
7. So far, I have not found a treat I don’t like.
8. Because the humans here don’t eat red meat, I have never had bacon. I keep hoping there will be some at a hotel breakfast buffet when my human and I are out of town so I can finally try it.
9. When I come home from a trip, Binga always comes over right away to give me a sniff. I bet she misses me.
10. My human serves me my meals in a paper bowl… and I always try to eat the bowl along with my meal.
11. Right now, I weigh between 6 lbs., 6 oz. and 6 lbs. 10 oz. — which is several ounces more than Sparkle ever weighed.
12. When you see photos of me with my head tilted, you can bet my human is holding a treat next to the camera lens.
13. I am the only show cat in my litter. One brother showed as a kitten, but quit after a couple of shows.
14. Although Sparkle never liked my human’s boyfriend much, I think he is pretty cool! He is the reason I get broccoli and cantaloupe, and he gives treats without my having to work for them.
15. I have a really awesome ear set for a Somali cat. Or so I’ve been told.
16. I only have two speeds: Lazy and Fast Forward.
17. Because I keep jumping on the kitchen counter and climbing in the sink, my human gave me a bath there, thinking this would make it less appealing for me. But I didn’t care — I was right back up there the next day!
18. I enjoy sleeping on the pillow above my human’s head — but only when she is napping on the couch. In bed, I usually don’t sleep near her. That is Binga’s job.
19. When a cat is in the judging ring, the judges often push our heads up, pick through our coat (it has to do with ticked fur that Somalis and Abys have), and even blow on our fur! So I was trained from an early age to tolerate these things.