I have lots of interesting things to report this week, from funny to frustrating to informative!
Let’s get right to it:
- Mashable reports about an inventor who has created a smart cat feeder that has facial recognition, a video feed and lots more!
- There is a movement right now in my own state of California to outlaw hybrid cat breeds such as Savannahs, Chausies and Bengals! Cat Behaviorist Marilyn Krieger explains why this is wrong. I would like to add that Bengals especially are hugely popular in California and outlawing them here would be devastating to many lovers of this breed.
- Just for yucks (and yuckiness), here is an MTV post about six cats that look like Justin Bieber. Really insulting to the cats, if you ask me!
- The Fur Everywhere blog has some really awesome suggestions about how to keep kitties cool in the summer!
- Did you know it is possible to easily keep track of pet food recalls? The Sometimes Cats Herd You blog explains how.
It’s been pretty exciting around my blog too! Here is what has been going on:
- My human’s birthday commenthon for Winging Cat Rescue was a big success! While we didn’t get all the way to our goal, we got pretty close! Winging Cat Rescue is also my choice to support for the Petties, so remember to vote for me for Best Cat Blog!
- My human got me an awesome gift for her birthday!
- I also got a really nice prize package from a fellow cat blogger.
- How do cats get along with Leo humans? Find out in this month’s astrology column!
- It really bothers me that so many cats wind up in shelters because of easily correctable litter box issues, so I decided to do something about it! My blog post about litter box basics is the beginning of a regular feature I’ll have about human litter box training.
- It’s been a few weeks since I’ve posted outtakes, so I felt it was about time to show you how much my human’s bad photography choices can embarrass us cats.
That’s it for this week’s Caturday Report! If you see a good news item around the internet, send me a link and I may include it next week!