I was a little nervous putting together my first Caturday Report! I know it’s supposed to be easy to find newsy items about kitties, since everyone loves to talk so much about us, but I wanted to make sure they were the right ones!
Sparkle was right — cat bloggers have way more useful information than the more “official” news outlets! You can see here:
- Did you know how much Russians love us kitties? Inspired by an old superstition, a Russian bank is loaning cats for free to walk over the thresholds for new homeowners and bring them good luck! No, they don’t get to keep them.
- The news that Hello Kitty might not be a cat has rocked the internet! This story sets it all straight… well, maybe not.
- Holistic vet, Dr. Jean Hofve, DVM, discusses people who are allergic to cats on Jackson Galaxy’s blog, and suggests some solutions for humans who want to live with kitties.
- Here is an important post from the Conscious Cat, about disaster preparedness for cats! Every human needs to have a plan!
- This is my own favorite story — a post from Playful Kitty about how petting a cat benefits human health! This is why I am studying to be a therapy cat.
It has been an eventful week and a half here, as you know. Here is what happened, in case you missed any of it:
- If you haven’t read Sparkle’s good-bye post yet, please do. It’s beautiful.
- Sparkle also introduced me just before the weekend I came home.
- Her last post was her Human Astrology for Cats column, about Virgo humans. She didn’t complete the year-long series. I’m not sure what to do. There are still four more sun signs to go. Do you think I should try to tackle them? I’m not experienced in astrology like Sparkle was… and can I trust my human (who did study astrology) to be impartial enough to help?
- Here is my first post from my new home!
- My first week here was very eventful! Here is some of what went on.
- Lastly, and most importantly, is Sparkle’s memorial service and commenthon. So far there are way over 300 comments, which is amazing! But there is still a ways to go before reaching our 500 comment goal, so please stop by and comment if you haven’t yet!
Did I do okay? I hope so! If you see a good cat-oriented news item around the internet, send me a link and I may include it next week!