I know we blogging kitties do like to complain a lot! After all, our humans are always doing something unsatisfactory. But our problems are so small when you look at less fortunate kitties: the ferals who have to forage for food in a hostile world; the homeless cats in shelters and rescues who have no human at all to complain about; kitties who live with truly neglectful or even cruel humans — humans who might toss them out in the wintertime for scratching furniture or “inappropriate elimination,” or even maybe dump them at a kill shelter! So I thought I’d turn Thankful Thursday on its head today and vent about some First World kitty problems, just so we can see how ridiculous they are, and how much we have to be thankful for:
First World Kitty Problems:
• When my human holds me like a baby and kisses me against my will!
• When my human takes my nicely furred and scented-up cat bed and puts it in the wash!
• When Daylight Savings Time throws the humans off our feeding schedule. (Now, that is a real First World kitty problem!)
• If my human goes for a day without brushing me!
• All those car trips to the vet clinic for regular checkups!
• When my human says I can’t explore inside the closet, in the kitchen cabinets, or anywhere else she decides she does not want me to go!
• When Binga steals my leftover dinner and my human refuses to open another can because “it’s late!”
• When my human’s boyfriend pets me and he is not gentle enough!
• My cat tree is ratty and old my human still has not gotten me a new one!
• My human is notoriously lazy about “scooping!”
Now it’s your turn, kitties — tell me your First World kitty problems that pale next to the problems of less fortunate cats!