It’s Pet Dental Health Month! Every February I make a point of stressing how important it is for kitties to have good dental health. The condition of your teeth and gums affects the rest of your body, and if they are in poor condition, it can make you very sick. Today, I want to tell you about some products that will help cats keep their teeth and gums healthy… and your breath kissing fresh! (It is the Valentine’s Day season, after all.) Best of all, they are all brushless… and I am having a giveaway.
Oratene® Brushless Pet Oral Health Products — Brushless Toothpaste Gel, Breath Freshener Spray and Drinking Water Addititve — are the result of 35 years of enzyme research. The enzyme systems replenish the protection and defense mechanism that is found naturally in your cat’s saliva.
The Oratene humans sent me the gel and the spray to try out. Here are the benefits of Oratene’s products:
- No brushing! I don’t mind it, actually, but a lot of kitties do.
- Kills odor-causing bacteria. My mouth was definitely fresher after using these items.
- Removes plaque biofilm, which would otherwise lead to tartar buildup.
- The enzymes LP3 and MD2 also help keep the whole mouth environment healthy
- These enzymes are especially good for pets who are on medication and suffering from dry mouth. Chronic dry mouth can really damage gum and tooth health.
- You will not find Xylitol, alcohol, or other ingredients that are bad for pets.
- Oratene products are safe to use daily, and both cats and dogs can use them! Which is great if your family includes both.
The toothpaste gel is really easy to use! You just apply a 1/2″ strip to your cat’s gums once or twice daily. I liked it a lot — I thought it was a treat! No, you are not actually supposed to let your cat chew on the tube. The gel offers long-lasting protection for your cat’s teeth and gums.
If you are nervous about getting your fingers near your cat’s mouth (like if you have a cat like Binga), you might want this alternative. The Oratene Brushless Oral Care Breath Freshener Spray is rinseless, and along with the benefits of all Oratene products, it’s nice and soothing.
The Oratene humans said I could give away the Breath Freshener Spray to one of my lucky readers! I will need your name and email address — all the other options after that aren’t mandatory, but will earn you extra entry points. Good luck! I want all my readers to have happy, healthy mouths.
You can find Oratene products at PetCo stores and many independent retailers — or ask if your vet carries them!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Oratene. The opinions and text are all mine.
See all of Summer’s awesome merch at her Zazzle Shop