On this U.S. election day, as I watch my human and her boyfriend go out the door on their traditional walk to their polling place, I think to myself…
What would the world be like if we kitties could vote?
It would be a different and much better world! Think about it:
- Boundaries would be marked by peeing on them. If there was a dispute caused by too many opposing kitties peeing, the territorial situation could be solved with Feliway and by adding vertical space. No war necessary!
- Bankers and Wall Street humans all would be out of a job because cats don’t care about money and economics.
- Laws would be enacted that allow cats to bring their humans with them when being rescued from natural disasters.
- There would be a health care overhaul; humans would have to have their temperatures taken the same way we cats have to.
- Everyone would be allowed midday naps and lots of treats.
- Humans convicted of animal cruelty would be facing a life sentence and maybe even the death penalty!
- A big chunk of the budget would go to helping homeless kitties, and nobody would complain about less fortunate cats getting a handout.
But since we kitties are not allowed to vote (yet), it is up to you humans to exercise your right. Go vote! And when you are standing in the polling booth (if in fact that is how you are voting), stop for a moment and think, “How would my cat vote today?”