Earlier today, we candidates for Cat Ruler of the World had our debate — go over to Zee and Zoey’s blog to see what we said! You may notice that our arguments are very similar, but that is because we are all very sharp cats with impeccable leadership qualities. However, making a good point is not the same as taking action, and only two of us cats actually mentioned what we were going to do if elected to office! And I was one of them.
Here are a few other problems I will address when I become Cat Ruler of the World:
- In addition to the mandatory minimum nap times I mentioned in the debate, I will also establish mandatory minimum play times. Recreation is as important as rest for creative thinking and problem solving.
- I will create an agency whose sole purpose is to improve both the palatability and nutrition of cat food, and all its members will be well-versed in the scientific knowledge that cats are obligate carnivores.
- I will establish free TNR services for feral colonies in every city. This will be funded by the money we will save on public mental health services because humans will feel so much more optimistic and hopeful once a cat is in office as World Ruler.
- I will also establish a committee of scientists completely devoted to eradicating allergies to cats, so that no one need ever be denied the happiness of having a feline family member.
- I will appoint Jackson Galaxy as my Secretary of State, for his diplomacy in human-feline relations.
I am the only kitty who is both ready to make these promises, and make them reality! A vote for me is a vote for catkind!
See all of Summer’s awesome merch at her Zazzle Shop