I was beginning to think that my human was never going to figure out how to get my first book, Dear Sparkle: Advice from One Cat to Another, formatted for Kindle. But amazingly enough, she finally did it! She even managed to get Amazon to link the paper and Kindle versions together.
The good news is that now she knows how to do it. The bad news is I am really concerned she is going to forget how by the time there is another book for her to format for Kindle. Anyway, let me tell you a few things about the Kindle version of my book!
- You can download a sample! Amazon will send you the first few pages of my book — all you have to do is sign into your Amazon account and they will give you my cover and the pages up through my Introduction.
- Even though you can’t sample the rest of the book, you can still see some of the advice part of it through the “Look Inside” function on Amazon page where the paper version lives!
- You don’t need a Kindle to download it! You can read the Kindle edition on your iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry, PC or Mac — Amazon has apps for all of them!
- Although the interior of the book is in black and white in the paper version and everything including the cover is grayscale on the Kindle, in most of the other apps, all the photos are in color!
Here is an example. This is a page from the Kindle version of Dear Sparkle: Advice from One Cat to Another on the Kindle:
Here is what is looks like on the iPad:
And here is what it looks like on an iPhone:
If you want to see if you can get the color version on your device, it is easy: all you have to do is download the free sample and look at the cover. If it is in color, you can get the color version!
- It is also available on Amazon UK and Amazon Germany (although it is still the English version). And yes, my human is working on a ePub version that will be available outside of Amazon and hopefully also on iTunes!
- And in case you did not know, you can get my blog sent to your Kindle too!
You want to hear something funny? My human is still not all that handy with the actual Kindle device and she just accidentally bought a copy of my book! MOL! So I already have one satisfied customer — you can be next!