My brand new book, Dear Sparkle: cat-to-cat advice from the world’s foremost feline columnist, comes out August 18, so you know I’ve been planning a contest around it! And this contest has a couple of surprises attached!
The winner will get a PAW-tographed copy of my book, of course, but they will also get a second prize that I will announce at a later date. It is a very cool bonus prize! But to get a chance to win, you will have to guess something. I will give you a hint about what it is:
In case you couldn’t figure it out, or you are wondering why there is a photo of a broken baby scale here, well, this is what my human uses to weigh us cats at home. Yes, it is missing a part but it still works. The winner of the contest will have guessed how much we three cats weigh, or at least they will have come closer than anyone else. It will take a little bit of math skill, because you have to guess the sum total of our weights: my weight + Binga’s + Boodie’s = your guess. Don’t worry, I will give you some hints. Here is the first one:
That’s right — I weigh more than 0 pounds! I will also remind you — because I have said it more than once — that Binga and Boodie weigh considerably more than I do. You can get a good look at them here:
This is a closer photo of Binga. She is hoping this picture does not make her look fat.
Boodie wants to remind you that she has a lot of fluff so she may not weigh as much as you think. (You fluffy cats know how that goes.)
To be honest, we cats don’t really like being weighed — it is annoying having to stand on the dumb scale and hold still. So — and this is one of the surprises — my human does not have the correct answer yet! She will weigh us sometime within the next couple of weeks. So you will be guessing a number that is not yet known!
Here are the rules, in a nutshell:
- To enter, you must guess how much all three of us cats weigh and add it together.
- The guess must be in pounds and ounces, since we live in the U.S. and my human has problems doing kilo conversions.
- Your guess must be in a comment to this specific blog post. Guesses anywhere else will not count!
- The winner also gets a bonus prize. You do not have to register here on my blog or anything.
- The contest runs until August 16. At midnight that night, Pacific Time, the comments to this post will be closed. The winner will be announced in my August 17 post.
Good luck everyone! Have fun guessing!
See all of Summer’s awesome merch at her Zazzle Shop